BECOME A COACH OR VOLUNTEER AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. At The First Tee, we take coaching seriously. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program.
“Young people don’t care what a coach knows until they know the coach cares”
ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
Nationwide, we currently have more than 3,700 coaches signed up with The First Tee, including PGA and LPGA pros, as well as volunteers. But you don’t have to be a golf pro or even a good golfer. With The First Tee Coach Program, we provide the training you need.
Developed with input from leading experts in the field of positive youth development, our program focuses on empowering participants through decision-making and exploring options. This helps foster positive relationships between coaches and young people, inspiring the golfers of tomorrow to look to the future, set goals, and unlock their potential.
Make an impact in Collier County:
As our chapter continues to grow and positively impact more youth, we are continuously searching for outstanding volunteer coaches. Our First Tee volunteer coaches are a team of adults that teach young people The First Tee Core Values & Healthy Habits as well as valuable Life Skills using the game of golf.
To be a volunteer coach with The First Tee of Naples/Collier you don’t need to have a low handicap. All that we are looking for is a positive attitude and desire to make a difference in the youth of Collier County.
When we need You:
- Volunteer Coaches are needed during our program sessions:
- Winter 2019: January 14th – March 8th
- Spring 2019: April 1st – May 17th
- Summer 2019
- 6 weeks of Summer Camp
- June 10th – July 26th
- No camp the week of July 4th
- Fall 2019: October 7th – November 22nd
- Volunteer coaches can participate in any or all of the program sessions
- We do ask that you commit to assist with a full session.
- Winter, Spring, & Fall sessions meet once a week for 90 minutes
- Classes are typically Monday – Friday between 4:00 – 6:00 and some Saturday mornings
- Summer camp is 5 days (Monday – Friday) a week from 8:00 am – noon.
- Volunteers can assist any or all days during a camp.
- Life Skills programs are offered at Golf Courses across Collier County.
- Work with youth ages 7-18 years old and with skill levels from beginner to advanced.
- Informative and interactive training sessions are offered through out the year.
- Opportunities to become a Level I, II, or II recognized The First Tee Coach.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OPPORTUNITIES
Contact us to find out how to get involved as a coach.